Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag electric dryer model LDE612  (Read 227 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Maytag electric dryer model LDE612
« on: August 28, 2020, 09:30:32 AM »

I was given this dryer a few days ago at a very low price as the previous owner was replacing the washer and dryer as a set. The dryer is one of the older design units that seems to last forever. The  has s/n 047527 8A but I dont know what the age might be. AS normal I took the covers off and cleaned all dirt and lint out of the interior, tightened the screws for the baffles which were very  slightly loose, lubed the rollers after switching them L to R, and lubed the idler roller. The belt was checked and found to be reusable. On this model the belt runs the flat side against the drum as compared to more current designs which runs the rib side against the drum. I have been putting a set of adhesive 1" square traction pads (5 0f them) on the drum in the path of the belt which I believe is desirable for better life and ability of the drum to start and turn a load of heavy wet clothes. Opinions from other techs  is appreciated.

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Maytag electric dryer model LDE612
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 06:42:41 PM »
I would simply put on a new belt WPY312959 as it's inexpensive.  Are the front drum slides good? 

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag electric dryer model LDE612
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 06:31:14 PM »
The front drum supports were in good condition. I replaced the belt  but put the traction pads on the drum anyhow.