Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Dishwasher GDF610PGJ2BB  (Read 167 times)

Offline Caddy4343

• Technician
GE Dishwasher GDF610PGJ2BB
« on: August 25, 2020, 07:14:42 PM »

Set on Normal or any cycle, press start and close the door.  After a few seconds the light on the start switch starts to blink constantly and then it beeps.  According to the tech sheet the door is open.  I've replaced the door switch and did a continuity check on the wiring harness from the switch to the board.  The same result.  I then changed the control board.  Same result.  I'm stumped!  I tired getting into the Service Mode by holding the Cycle Select button for 5 seconds but nothing happened.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: GE Dishwasher GDF610PGJ2BB
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 04:54:42 PM »
Figure out anything on your dishwasher?  I currently have the exact same problem on a similar G.E. dishwasher GDT635HGJ2WW and I've replaced both the door latch mechanism and the electronic control without solving the problem or changing the operation.  I have the same result too.  What's up???

Offline Caddy4343

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 08:12:11 PM »
I haven't figured it out yet.  I did reorder the latch.  Possibly I got a bad latch?  I also ordered the DC wiring harness.  Possibly a bad connector? 

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 11:30:07 AM »
You should also check the LED on the main control board (located under the DW). Often as not the "door open" warning is a red herring. The actual problem being lack of communication with the main board.