Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: water leaking on floor  (Read 146 times)

Offline mountain1

• VIP Member
water leaking on floor
« on: August 25, 2020, 11:28:25 AM »

Model Number   TPX24PBBAWW
Brand   GE
Age   More than 10 years
I have a GE refrigerator Model TPX24PBBAWW. My problem is that one of the water lines connected to the water valve itself is leaking. It appears that I must replace the water valve. But in my search to find the same water valve...well...the part does not look like the same part. And the repair videos do not use my refrigerator so are no help to me. Any suggestions from all of the knowledgeably folks out there.
Quote ReplyEdit

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: water leaking on floor
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 09:46:35 AM »
Often times the repair part does not match the original part in appearance, size, and shape but the functionality is there.  You need WR49X10043 valve assembly.

Offline mountain1

• VIP Member
Re: water leaking on floor
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 11:55:50 AM »
Hi Dash:  As you said the part does not look like my old one and thanks for the assistance.  Now there is more to the story.  I removed the water inlet valve and attached to it was a separate part.  This attached part, which included what looked like a "relay" had a water line going to it and that is where I found the leak.  The leak was not coming from the water inlet valve.  Anyway, I got lucky and was able to stop the leak.  But I searched and searched for the part  that was attached to the water inlet valve and could not find it anywhere because I do not know how long my repair will last.  Any assistance or info on that part would be appreciated.  Thanks again.