Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Amana washer NTW4516FW3  (Read 173 times)

Offline Joey Bullock

• Technician
Amana washer NTW4516FW3
« on: August 24, 2020, 05:53:10 PM »

I found this vertical modular washer with a bad lid lock switch. I replaced the lid lock switch and then ran the washer through automatic test mode to be sure everything work correctly.  The Automatic Test Mode indicated everything was OK.  I turned the machine to rinse and drain cycle to check it further.  It filled and agitated, and pumped the water out correctly.  When it started to spin it stopped suddenly and the lid lock light flashed.  I can't get the lid lock switch to unlock.  I've unplugged it many times but can get the lid lock to unlock or quit flashing.  I unplugged all connections to the main control, waited about 5 minutes, then reconnected everything.  I can't run Diagnostics on the washer until I get the lid lock switch to stop flashing and unlock.  What do I need to do to resolve this?  HELP!!!  Thanks, Joey Bullock

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Amana washer NTW4516FW3
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 07:56:11 PM »
Unplug washer for at least two minutes.  Then plug it back in and wait one minute.  Next try to enter manual diagnostic mode L-R-R-R-L-R.  Turn knob three clicks to the right and push START.  Push START again.  If you can't get any response replace the computer.

Offline Joey Bullock

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 10:21:00 PM »
I'll give that a try.  Thanks for the info, Joey.

Offline jeff5may

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 10:13:37 PM »
If the washer flashes the red light and won't unlock, it's because it can't sense basket rpm. F7e1 error code, basket speed sensor, or sometimes f7e5, shifter error. Both of these are in the same place: the shift actuator. You'd think that swapping out the shift actuator would solve the problem, and if you're lucky it does. But not always. These vmw washers develop bad wires, rusted bearings, and intermittent connections on the pins in the connectors that plug one thing into the other.

The tech sheet for your washer is inside the front wall of the cabinet. Take 3 screws out and pop the hood, it's definitely worth it to read through the tech sheet.