Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: KitchenAid kbfs22ewms5 not cooling, out of things I know to check  (Read 139 times)

Offline rossocarne

• VIP Member

Hello

So my KitchenAid fridge has just stopped cooling, not really sure why. Here's the things I've checked thus far:

Condensor coil - cleaned all the dust and that
Condensor fan - runs and blows lots of air out the back
Evaporator fan - runs, blows air up
Evaporator coil - no ice on coil or fins, coil to and from was very iced over when I checked it, cleared all that ice
Compressor - unit is hot to touch, definitely feels like it's running, supply is cold, discharge is hot to touch

Looks to me like all the rotating equipment is running fine. I don't know if maybe there is a coolant leak, but I didn't see any coolant on the floor or anything.

What else can I check?

Thanks

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: KitchenAid kbfs22ewms5 not cooling, out of things I know to check
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 09:56:00 AM »
Compressor may not be running though it is hot.  That situation would be caused by a bad compressor start relay.  Another possibility is that the sealed system has a leak.  The high side pipe coming out of the compressor may be hot because the compressor is hot.