Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore Range has (2) burner knobs that do not turn, 362.75212100  (Read 200 times)

Offline lqqk_out

• VIP Member

Hi!

In one of my rental apartments, the tenant mentioned to me that two of the gas range burner knobs do not turn.
I went to look at the appliance, and the far left and far right gas burner knobs do not turn. They seem to be frozen shut.
The appliance information is:
Make: Sears Kenmore
Model Number: 362.75212100 (GE)
Serial Number: 1F133337P

Has anyone seen this type of problem? Is there some type of adjustment I can make or maybe something I need to lubricate to fix this?
Or do I need to replace the two top burner valves?
Also, could someone provide me a link to the "Repair Parts List"?

Any information/help is greatly appreciated.  :cheers:

Brett

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
Re: Kenmore Range has (2) burner knobs that do not turn, 362.75212100
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 11:06:06 PM »
Can't find the parts diagram anywhere, which is weird.

You can call searspartsdirect and they may be able to look it up on microfilm, but the valves will probably be expensive or not available. Valves for other 362* ranges run about $75 each.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 11:10:16 PM by tcarmen »

Offline lqqk_out

• VIP Member
Re: Kenmore Range has (2) burner knobs that do not turn, 362.75212100
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 12:21:34 AM »
I wanted to post some follow-up information.
I sprayed some WD-40 into the valves to loosen them up. One of the valves did loosen up, but the other valve is still stuck.
Next time I stop by the apartment, I'll trying spraying some PB Blaster into the valve. I've had success in the past using that penetrate lubricant on various stuck fasteners on automobiles.