Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Fisher Paykel front load electric dryer Model DE09-US0  (Read 142 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Fisher Paykel front load electric dryer Model DE09-US0
« on: August 16, 2020, 06:32:24 PM »

I was just given the above model dryer for possible repair by a friend. It will turn on and heat but makes a very loud screcching noise when turning the drum. This design looks like a GE type dryer with a single bearing at the center rear of the drum. Is this a typical mode of failure and is it one that can be repaired at a reasonable cost ? Any suggestions would be appreciated before I scrap it ?

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Fisher Paykel front load electric dryer Model DE09-US0
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 04:11:17 PM »
I dismantled this unit today and found too many problems to fix it. It is going to be scrapped.  Heating coil was broken . Front support for drum was worn out and rear bearing was also worn a lot. This is a design that is almost identical to a GE unit which IMO is not a very good  one. No money lost since the power cord was salvaged.