Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire Ice Dispenser Is Possessed  (Read 171 times)

Offline ehmjay

• VIP Member
Frigidaire Ice Dispenser Is Possessed
« on: August 14, 2020, 04:20:19 PM »

Hi All,

Trying to figure out what is wrong with my Frigidaire side by side (FGHS2631PF0), the ice maker auger motor won't stop running unless I open the door, it will start back up immediately with the door open if I press the door switch on the side.  I was thinking maybe the switch inside the control panel that tells the fridge the dispenser is pressed, but at the same time it seems that if the switch was bad and made the refrigerator think the dispenser was pressed for ice, it would also shoot water when on water mode, and it doesn't.  I had to unplug it from the fridge to get it to stop running.  Any thoughts?

Offline Joey Bullock

• Technician
Re: Frigidaire Ice Dispenser Is Possessed
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 10:20:06 AM »
The switch in the freezer door that starts the ice auger is most likely bad or stuck.  The water dispenser works off of a separate switch.  The freezer door switch controls the light in the freezer and prevents the ice auger from running when the freezer door is open.