Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung freezer not cooling...fridge cooling a bit....  (Read 275 times)

Offline Bradmann78

• VIP Member
Samsung freezer not cooling...fridge cooling a bit....
« on: April 08, 2020, 09:52:30 PM »

I've been down without my freezer for months...thank god I got a freezer in the garage. It started with the freezer icemaker not producing alot of ice than the freezer sensor got yanked off because it somehow got stuck on the top housing portion of the freezer. The freezer still worked at this point and did for a couple more months. Then finally it totally went out. I bought a new evap fan for the freezer but it didn't help. The fridge portion has been working for months until recently I noticed the milk was not that cold. I heard fan noise when opening the doors. I then took apart the panel to look at the evap..fan...etc..and seen the panel where air sweeps through the styrofoam tunnels were completely plugged solid ice. I defrosted and put back together....seemed liked it work...pretty cold for a couple weeks but now it's not cooling down very well (stays at 59 degrees). I quickly observed the Evap fan turned on when I opened the door...so I dont know if it's that. The evap coils have light frost on them and are cold when touching it. Also I checked the condenser coils...not too dirty. I checked the high pressure line out the compressor and it felt hot. I seen the condenser fan come on. What else can I check?? I'm not sure how fast either fan should turn? I'm lost.

Offline FiguringItOut

• Technician
Re: Samsung freezer not cooling...fridge cooling a bit....
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 08:05:20 PM »
whats the model number?