Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Dishwasher does not fill after inlet valve replacement for flooding  (Read 171 times)

Offline ClumsyGeezer

• VIP Member

Old Kitchenaid Dishwasher KUDP02CRWH3
DW initially flooded kitchen floor, through floor, basement - opened dishwasher and noticed water flooding in from valve on left side (facing dishwasher).
I shut off the water (to the consternation of my Newfoundland who would have preferred an indoor pool) and surfed the Internet for diagnostic information.
The most likely possibilities seemed to be a defective inlet valve or float switch.  I ordered both, but the float switch was delayed as there appears to be a shortage.
I replaced the inlet valve, turned the water back on and pushed the "normal switch"...silence and both the normal and the 'heat' LED switched off after 30 seconds.  None of the progress lights came on.   The 'rinse only' button did not light when pushed.   There was no change in dishwasher behavior with multiple attempts.

The float moves freely and clicks appropriately.

I manually added ~ a  coupla gallons of water to the machine and again pressed normal.  The lights again just went out after 30 seconds.

Probably unrelated: I replaced a worn out chopper 2 or 3 months ago.

Of course I could call in a professional, but given my wife's predilections and the age of the dishwasher, we'd probably put the money towards a new machine. 

TIA for any suggestions.

Offline ClumsyGeezer

• VIP Member
Re: Dishwasher does not fill after inlet valve replacement for flooding
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 05:26:42 PM »
Additional data for anyone else who has a similar problem.

I removed the dw door, much rust and debris...
       - Latch switch OK
       - Float switch OK
       - fuse intact
I plugged an unplugged anything I could to re-establish contact.  Replaced the door and pushed the normal switch multiple times - same symptoms as above.  About an hour later I again pushed the normal and other cycle switches and the dw was completely dead.   

There is currently a Kitchenaid dw shortage probably due to the contagion.  My wife was fortunate enough to find one acceptable to her and this one will be replaced.