Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kitchenaid dishwasher Kdfe104dss0  (Read 263 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Kitchenaid dishwasher Kdfe104dss0
« on: August 04, 2020, 01:39:08 AM »

This Dw is only getting half of the water on any cycle. But it gets the normal fuller tub of water when going thru the Analytical process.So the dishes were not clean after a washing cycle. Why there is only half of the water when washing, but the correct amount of water when doing  the analytical process? Should I replace the control board?

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Kitchenaid dishwasher Kdfe104dss0
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »
On any of the "new style" Whirlpool built (KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Maytag, Roper, Admiral, etc.) I replace lots of electronic control boards and lots of main wash motors.  The electronic control board goes bad in a variety of ways ~ most commonly it doesn't heat the water.  Sometimes it'll shut down 5 minutes into cycle for no reason.  The malfunction list goes on and on but I sure change lots of those boards.

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Re: Kitchenaid dishwasher Kdfe104dss0
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 09:17:33 AM »
Thank you Dash, I wasn't sure replacing the control board would solve the problem. So now I will go back with the board with some confidence.