Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag washer model LAT8226AAE with s/n 11077309SB  (Read 88 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Maytag washer model LAT8226AAE with s/n 11077309SB
« on: August 01, 2020, 06:40:05 PM »

Today I was given the above model washer for possible repair. The donor told me it worked OK as regards  fill and drain but would not agitate properly if at all. It is in very nice clean condition and no problem was noted except for it is missing the fabric softener cup on the top of the agitator. This is a 2 belt model. The main belt for the transmission seems a little loose to me  but shows no signs of slippage. The drain pump belt is as expected not very tight but no distress was noted on it.. I need some advice on what to look for on this model before I start to dismantle it. No foreign material was noted in the bottom section  Would a control timer problem be the root cause ?. Help!!!

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag washer model LAT8226AAE with s/n 11077309SB
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 01:10:25 PM »
Today I ran a  load of clothing  using the Easy Care cycle and it worked OK . Any other cycle does not start or run properly.  It appears the problem is the timer. I have another unit of the same vintage with  model number LAT9604AAE.and It has the same type of problem. The timer used in this series of Maytag washers appears to be a problem area.  Does anyone out there know if there is an alternate p/n timer that will fit and work for this series of washers ? Replacement timers are pretty darn expensive for this model