Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG refrigerator-compressor not working & inverter clicking  (Read 190 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
LG refrigerator-compressor not working & inverter clicking
« on: July 29, 2020, 08:42:46 PM »

Hi everyone,  I'm trying to repair a LG refrigerator, model LFC25776ST/01 made in 2011.  The compressor is not running but the inverter clicks about 1 time every second.  I checked the compressor (only two wires on this one) It checked good with ohm meter (not open or shorted to ground.  The inverter is getting 115 volts on the CON201 plug but nothing on the CON204 plug. (I know on GE & WPL there is about 5vdc on the small plug) I don't have the service manual for this model so if someone can tell me if it's a bad inverter (ABQ73004307) or the main pcb (EBR67348013) that would be great help.  I looked thru about 10 pages on the forum and found a bunch of LFX models but no LFC's.  Hope someone can help me on this one!  thanks!!!

Offline houptee

• Technician
Re: LG refrigerator-compressor not working & inverter clicking
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 09:20:27 PM »
Probably just the inverter board. They updated the inverter board for the FC75LANE compressors.
You can actually hot wire those compressors with a power cord and put 120v AC on the 2 pins and it will run if its good but don't leave it running long like that just for quick testing.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Re: LG refrigerator-compressor not working & inverter clicking
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 09:13:06 PM »
Thanks Houptee,  I did replace the inverter and that fixed the problem.  I did not know we could hotwire the compressor to test it.  Thanks for the info!!!