Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Sensor dry not working  (Read 94 times)

Offline m1964

• VIP Member
Sensor dry not working
« on: July 28, 2020, 08:47:12 AM »

Hi,
We have a LG DLG7201WE  dryer that does not heat up in sensor dry mode- the igniter does not come on, and of course, there is no flame.
However, when I put it into the time dry mode, the flame came on just fine.

Is there any way to check the thermistor or sensor bars? Is there a resistance value I can check for?

Or, could it be something else besides the thermistor or sensor bars?

Thanks a lot. 

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Sensor dry not working
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 05:01:21 AM »
I cannot find any info/wiring diagram on this unit.
Unplug the unit
Remove the bars from the unit usually just a couple screws and check that both wires are still attached.
Then measure across them should be infinite resistance, use/try the highest meter resistance scale.
Now put a wet paper towel across them and you should see a resistance.
Then do the same at the connector on the control board.
Unfortunately since I do not have a wiring diagram I cannot say what connector this should be.

Offline m1964

• VIP Member
Re: Sensor dry not working
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 11:05:56 AM »
OK, I did some more "testing"- the dryer IS working, but not 100%.
The flame would not come on if I place the selector on the regular cycle, with the dryness level at the default (medium).
The flame comes on fine if I place the selector on the heavy duty cycle.
IF I place the selector on the regular cycle and increase level of dryness to "more" on the touch pad, the flame comes on just fine too.
So the only thing that seems to be not working is the regular cycle on its default setting.
Putting wet cloth over sensor bars did change the resistance.

Thanks again