Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Help diagnosing LG front load issue - with video  (Read 56 times)

Offline EricL

• VIP Member
Help diagnosing LG front load issue - with video
« on: July 27, 2020, 09:25:16 PM »

Hello,
I have an LG frontload model WM2133C. Mfg 2009 (according to a sticker at back on drum)

Started acting up. When drum trying to turn, it would buzz and jerk. Took back panel off. Tried starting a cycle and I hear a buzzing sound and some jerking when motor attempts to engage. Could it be a defective Hall sensor? Did a OHM test, reads 10.

Here is a video to help: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HNsFrXqyGduUoVGa7

Any thoughts? Insight?

Thx for your help.

Eric

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Help diagnosing LG front load issue - with video
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 07:18:30 AM »
More than likely your back support bracket has deteriorated - the clanging noise is either your heating element inside the bottom of tub hitting the mounting bracket or chunks of metal that fell into bottom of tub hitting the basket. Unscrew you filter at the bottom and looks for chunks of metal or plastic shavings from the outer basket. It will be a dead give away it's shot! Also open the front of the Washer and see if you can lift up on the Stainless Steel basket - if it gives more than 1" or more the back support bracket either is cracked or deteriorating drastically! Let us know what you find!