Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung FTQ307NWGX induction range doesn't sense pots  (Read 253 times)

Offline Calab

• VIP Member
Samsung FTQ307NWGX induction range doesn't sense pots
« on: July 26, 2020, 09:22:29 AM »

I have just received a Samsung FTQ307NWGX induction range. The range operates properly, except that none of the stove top burners will detect any pots or pans. When I try I get a "pan not detected" symbol on the controls. I'm testing with a heavy cast iron fry pan. All four burners are doing this.

I was able to check for error codes as follows:
- Clock button
- Clock button
- Set/Start
- Custom Cook + 0 at the same time

I get an -SE- code... which indicates a shorted key, but all the keys are functioning, so I'm not sure if that is a true fault.

Before I go opening up the stove top to look for issues, is there anything in particular that I should be watching for or testing?

Any help is appreciated!

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
Re: Samsung FTQ307NWGX induction range doesn't sense pots
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 01:29:01 PM »
Before you go any further, place a magnet on the bottom of each pan you intend to use. If it sticks, that pan will work.

Offline bn880

• Technician
Re: Samsung FTQ307NWGX induction range doesn't sense pots
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 07:37:08 AM »
Have you got this resolved yet?   Most often that is a failure of the internal induction power boards.  You can check if you have this issue by removing the cooktop and opening it (after unplugging the range), and looking for a burned trace on the RAS ICTOP filter board. (note this does not mean that the trace and the board is the only failure to get this fixed)

These 3 boards are discontinued I believe.  You can however get them serviced on ebay, run their part numbers through ebay search and you will find a listing that will get you started.  Usually you need service of 2 of the 3 boards.

Best regards
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 07:38:32 AM by bn880 »