Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Dishwasher door repair  (Read 135 times)

Offline BoomerD

• VIP Member
Dishwasher door repair
« on: July 25, 2020, 02:34:41 PM »

While installing our brand-new Kitchenaid dishwasher, my screwgun fell off the counter and...yep...you guessed it, hit point-down and punctured the inner door. :oops:
Not a BIG hole...but big enough. I'm going to order a replacement panel...but it's going to take a week or more to get it delivered.
I'm looking for a temporary patch/epoxy that will allow us to use the machine until I can get the part...and get it installed.
I have a very good caulk that will withstand the water...but it's not rated for over 200f. I don't know how hot the inside of the dishwasher gets on a heat-dry cycle. Anyone know that info?
Otherwise, I might be able yo use something like a J-B Weld type of epoxy...maybe. I know whatever I use has to be considered "food safe."

Thanks.

Offline BoomerD

• VIP Member
Re: Dishwasher door repair
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 02:40:22 PM »
Oh...the caulk is Lexel by Sashco. Not sure if it's food safe or not, but it is rated for kitchen ise...so...maybe?

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 11:14:13 PM »

Offline BoomerD

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 12:18:19 PM »
That's kind of surprising...but OK.
Thanks.