Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE gsh25jsxnss compressor running not cooling  (Read 79 times)

Offline shadycreek007

• VIP Member
GE gsh25jsxnss compressor running not cooling
« on: July 24, 2020, 11:41:42 AM »

Completely new to this site, thanks in advance for helpful input and "constructive" criticism.
I have this Ge gsh25jsxnss fridge that was given to me, figured I could fix.. eh.. anyway, I am going down the troubleshooting. It does not cool at all, the compressor runs, I have the about 6vdc from control board to inverter, obviously have the 110v since compressor runs, I have tested compressor and equal on all three legs. So, I did what I didn't want to do but pull out the ole piercing valve. I have about 50lbs  on the low side. Now my auto knowledge would point me at an orifice or expansion valve on the older stuff. On this I don't know. I understand that the compressor is suppose to always run and controlled by inverter? I did order a used inverter from ebay and had the same issue. could have gotten another bad inverter or maybe not that at all... and go....    :D

Offline DaleCaskanette

• Technician
Re: GE gsh25jsxnss compressor running not cooling
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 05:09:26 PM »
If your low side is 50 and it's running you have a bad compressor