Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung F/L WF42H5000AW/A2  (Read 117 times)

Offline Caddy4343

• Technician
Samsung F/L WF42H5000AW/A2
« on: July 22, 2020, 05:14:57 PM »

This unit won't run.  The display board lights up but it won't change cycles.  The selector knob will spin but the indicator light stays on one setting [ie. Heavy Duty]  Hitting the start button the drain pump will "sometimes" kick on for a few seconds.  The code that comes up is AE6.  A communication error between the main and sub board.  Has anyone had a situation like this?  Before I replace the main or sub board I'm hoping that someone can assure me that changing one of those boards will cure the selector board problem.  Thanks

Offline Caddy4343

• Technician
Re: Samsung F/L WF42H5000AW/A2
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 07:06:54 PM »
Can any of the Samsung loving techs on here help me identify the sub board on this washer.  It has 3 boards.  The main, inverter and Sub. Is the sub board what other companies call the user interface?  Can anyone help me figure out how to determine which board is bad?  Thanks