Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: AMANA washer model LW7503W2  (Read 93 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
AMANA washer model LW7503W2
« on: July 21, 2020, 11:35:12 AM »

I am currently working on the above model washer that  I got from a neighbor who told me it had a water leak near the mixing valve. I dismantled the unit and found a small rubber valve p/n W10841299 partially cut . This is called a DUCK BILL anti siphon valve ? I have a new one on order which should arrive soon. As small as this item is it seems kind of expensive and I wondered if there is an alternative for this item or could it be eliminated in the plumbing line. Any input from other techs would be appreciated.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: AMANA washer model LW7503W2
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 02:33:22 AM »
The repair part was installed and the unit put back together with success. No leaks were noted and the customer who took it was happy with it. A less costly  alternative for such a simple tiny rubber part would seem to be possible IMO.