Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Viking Wine Cooler -- Compressor Runs but Not Cooling  (Read 54 times)

Offline thraipse

• VIP Member
Viking Wine Cooler -- Compressor Runs but Not Cooling
« on: July 18, 2020, 04:38:07 PM »

Viking VUWC151RSS

I'm completely stumped. My Viking VUWC151RSS stopped cooling. The compressor runs, evaporator fan runs, controls operate, display works, but the interior temp never dips below room temp. The compressor runs (constantly, of course) and it's warm to the touch, though neither it nor the condenser coils are hot. I've searched this forum and others for this make/model and similar symptoms, but I find no posts that match the symptoms I've observed. I suspect a sealed system problem but in the absence of high/low fittings, how does one attach a manifold to check pressures, inject UV dye, recharge, etc.? What is my next set of t'shooting steps?