Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: G.E. french-door refrigerator, how do I replace the condenser fan motor?  (Read 186 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician

Hello, Can someone please tell me how to replace a faulty condenser fan motor on a GE french-door refrigerator model no: GFE28GMKBES.  The fan motor has 4 wires & is a 12-volt dc motor.  The part no is: wr60x23363.  I see no screws and think it slides out somehow.  The motor comes on the bracket that covers on the end of the round condenser coils.  I think there must be a tab or something to release the housing but I don't see it.  Please help me if you can.  Thanks

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
It should pull right out from the front.

Here is a link to a service manual to see for yourself:

http://members.msaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/06/31-9250.pdf

Offline Blaiser

• Technician

Offline tagarman

• Technician
This sure will help.  Thank you very much.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Hope it won't take to long to get the part (it's on BO).  I put a small fan on the floor behind the refrig. and left to back panel off.  The customer called today and said "It's cold and making ice again"  YEAH!!!

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
Did you search other site for the part? Google Part # try Amazon/ebay/web..

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Thanks, I will do that!