Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung WF42H5200AP/A2 will not drain  (Read 179 times)

Offline Wallers

• VIP Member
Samsung WF42H5200AP/A2 will not drain
« on: July 14, 2020, 07:48:43 AM »

Good day all.  I am in search of wisdom.  I have a Samsung WF425200AP/A2 washer and it will not drain when running a "normal" load.  we took the machine apart and found a vent hose plugged. Cleared the stoppage and ran the machine on "quick" load (its less than 20 minutes" and it ran fine.  No issues.  ran the next load as a full or normal run and would not drain.

1. We can hear the pump turn on.
2. We double checked and we could find no more obstructions.
3. Why would it drain on one setting and not another.

I searched on this forum and didn't see any thing that was a match to what i was experiencing.  if there is something that i missed please send me a link.  I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Wallers

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Samsung WF42H5200AP/A2 will not drain
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 01:54:58 AM »
Are you sure about that model number?  I didn't get any hits.

Regarding your washer, there might be more obstructions in the drain path.  Start by removing the accordian hose and checking for junk.  Many times I've completely removed hoses from washers and backflushed them to clear debris.  Sometimes a quarter coin can get lodged in a drain hose and open and close at random.  Another possibility is that the pump is whimpy.  Though it turns, it's lost it's mojo.

Offline Wallers

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung WF42H5200AP/A2 will not drain
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 02:56:51 PM »
Issue is fixed.  The pump was bad.

Thanks for the help