I have a side by side Whirlpool Gold GC5SHAXVY01 (from 2010)
It stopped making ice about 2 weeks ago. I want to try to do what I can before buying a new one...
Here are some comments and what I have tried/checked:
- The water dispenser works perfectly
- I have a home filter, I changed the filter in case it was decreasing the pressure.
- Incoming pressure from the city to the house is 46 psi. I think no issue relate to pressure
- i unplugged/plugged the fridge to reset it
- I use the air dryer to see if anything needed to be thawed. There is no frozen line
- I removed the ice tray, melted, dry & cleaned everything
- I replaced the inlet valve with a new one
- Door sensor works well and On position
- Photos attached
Not sure what else to do. Would love be repair myself and avoid paying a few hundreds to repair. As it is 10 years of of, repair is not worth it.