Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Macerator screen clogged  (Read 150 times)

Offline James_TDS

• VIP Member
Macerator screen clogged
« on: July 13, 2020, 01:37:41 PM »

Same old story, top rack not cleaning, tear the dishwasher apart and find the screen is clogged. My question though is why am I getting the same lint type goo on the screen which we first thought was maybe leftover cheese. It is white, fibrous and slightly gooey. Blades are fine, impeller locks into place fine, no left over corn kernels or such around just this white lint for lack of a better term.

As I said, initially we thought is was cheese so we started really cleaning off the dishes first, no change. Then I thought maybe it was the gel covering they use on the dish soap packs so at least every three or so cycles we use the additional Heated Wash option on the washer but that doesn't appear to help either.

Getting tired of tearing the dishwasher apart every 4 months. Ideas? I did go ahead and order some citric acid wash which we may use first just to see if it is able to dissolve this stuff before we tear it down and make it a regular use thing.

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Macerator screen clogged
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 05:12:25 AM »
Are you washing anything that has the labels still attached?
Took years to get my wife to tell me when she buys new cups, plates, tupperware etc. so that I could remove the labels and glue before washing.

If you cannot think of anything that could do this then switch to liquid or better yet powder.