Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Jennair dishwasher model # JDB1100AWB  (Read 273 times)

Offline maypo52

• VIP Member
Jennair dishwasher model # JDB1100AWB
« on: July 11, 2020, 05:08:55 PM »

Hello fellow diy'ers and pros.

My daughters Jennair dishwasher model # JDB1100AWB Is having a problem. It is not spraying water. It does fill with water but is not being circulated through the spray arms and when the cycle ends it does drain properly. I removed the lower spray arm and all the bits to expose the impeller and it all looks ok. The impeller turns freely by hand but I am not sure if the pump motor is running during the cycle. I hear a hum but no water splashing sound. I even removed the pump filter assembly to see if there was anything there to prevent the motor from running but nothing obvious. I'm thinking maybe the pump motor has failed but I'm not sure. Is there anyway to test it without removing it? Are there some other tests I can do?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

My philosophies:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and When all else fails RTFM (read the "funny" manual)

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Jennair dishwasher model # JDB1100AWB
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 05:43:07 AM »
Below is a link to a service manual
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzIiBNwRIV4NVHF1ZFR1clREV00/view

Here is a post about a problem area in this unit.
Take a look at the Dishwasher Seal Kit in Tq999's third post.

And finally here is a link to a post that has the tech sheet
https://forum.appliancepartspros.com/posts/t561762-jenn-air-dishwasher-runs-when-door-is-open

You could remove power from the unit and check the motor windings.
Also you could check the motor capacitor but checking theses is difficult with a standard meter and they may look OK but still be bad. They are usually not the problem.

Offline manden

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 05:45:08 AM »
OOPS !!!  did not include the link for the second info so here it is

https://www.appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=5282.msg21770#msg21770

Offline maypo52

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 09:00:51 AM »
@manden  Thanks so much for the info. I will give it another look.

:cheers: :thanks:
My philosophies:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and When all else fails RTFM (read the "funny" manual)

Offline maypo52

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 03:40:07 PM »
I ordered the motor seal kit and unfortunately it did not include the coarse threaded sleeve, which is the one I needed. Apparently Whirlpool decided to remove this part from the kit and expects you to buy a new motor instead.  >:(  Does anyone have a source for a motor seal kit with both coarse and fine threaded sleeves?

Thanks,

Mark
My philosophies:

Offline maypo52

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 05:49:23 PM »
A quick update: Found a motor seal kit on ebay that had both sleeves. It did fix the problem. :)
My philosophies: