Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: kenmore won't agitate  (Read 176 times)

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
kenmore won't agitate
« on: July 08, 2020, 08:27:42 PM »

kenmore 82372110-no agitate.fills empties and spins.tryed to loosen agitator bolt by holding agitator.can feel the shaft inside turning.other forum said they don't make transmissions for this anymore.unless i can find a used one on ebay.all i can think of doing is cutting the whole agitator out then i could get a grip on the shaft and loosen the bolt.other forum said the transmission is shot.i would try to rebuild mine first.are there trans and agitators availeble.what you think of this problem.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: kenmore won't agitate
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 06:41:47 AM »
Are you sure that is your model #???

Model number should start with 110.

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 08:39:05 PM »
it is model 110 any thoughts on this question.

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 11:28:19 PM »
Man! That is an OLD washer. Whirlpool belt-drive design with wig-wags. Check for broken wires going to the wig-wag solenoids. (Whirlpool wig wag Wire Harness repair kit, part # 285610) Also check for an open agitate wig-wag solenoid. Both agitate solenoid and spin solenoid should measure the same resistance with the wires disconnected. (Whirlpool Wig Wag Part # 84867) Most of the parts are NLA so if it's more than that, just scrap it out.