Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire front-load washer that won't drain or spin  (Read 138 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Frigidaire front-load washer that won't drain or spin
« on: July 06, 2020, 09:09:52 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm trying to repair a Frigidaire front-load washer that won't drain and spin.  The model number is: ATF7000ES0.  The washer fills & washes fine but when the washer gets to the drain and spin cycle, here is what happens.  The display shows 12 minutes, the pump comes on and pumps water out for about 2 seconds, The indicator for the spin speed changes from normal speed to no spin and the machine shuts off.  When this happens the digital display goes blank.  Just like is someone unplugged the washer.  I installed a new drain pump #137221600 and the door latch/lock assembly #131763256.  When I changed the pump I checked to make sure the coin trap in the drain hose was clean and it was.  I'm thinking that I may have to replace the PC control board w/housing #137007000.  Thought I would post this to see if anyone has run into a problem like this and if you think the pc board will correct the problem.  Please help if you can!  Thank you for reading this and I hope to hear from someone soon!!!

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Re: Frigidaire front-load washer that won't drain or spin
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 02:52:09 PM »
Thanks to all the 44 of you that read this, even though I got no replies.  I called the customer to set up a return trip and try to put the washer into a service mode to see what kind of fault codes would come up.  He informed me that they just went out a purchased a new Maytag washer because he could not wait for me to figure out what was wrong with his washer.  OH WELL!  You win some and you lose some.  At least I was able to get my new pump and door latch back.  All for the price of just a service call.  Good Day All!!!