Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Coin operated washer or dryer unit conversion away from coins  (Read 129 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician

I have access to a couple of decent quality Speed Queen washers  and also some dryers for sale at very low cost that utilize coins for operation. A couple of years ago I was given a washer that needed minor mechanical repair that was a coin operated type machine. In that case the coin box was missing so I did not need a key for it. Those keys can be very difficult to obtain. I already had a key for the top access cover. In this case  I made a small non locking  coin box that collected the coins. The customer was told to put in the coins to start and operate the machine and collect the coins from the coin box to be used over and over again. This arrangement works  well but I would like to be able to convert a coin type machine to start and operate without using coins at all. Can someone steer me in the right direction to do this  ?

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
Re: Coin operated washer or dryer unit conversion away from coins
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 10:35:14 PM »
I think you can setup the coin slider to work without coins, but I could be wrong. It's been a really, really long time.