Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung not draining  (Read 123 times)

Offline wb134

• VIP Member
Samsung not draining
« on: June 29, 2020, 05:39:29 AM »

When I open the door after it finishes a cycle there is water left in the bottom, at least an inch.  Most times I can start another cycle which will drain the leftover water but sometimes I get water leaking out the bottom of the D/W.

The alternative dishwashers (wife, kids) are about done with washing dishes by hand ;)

Drain hose is clear, kitchen sink drains are clear.  I have gotten the LC code a couple of times but it goes away after a few days though once I did have to turn the d/w on its side to dry off the sensor. 

Model# DW80K7050US

Offline houptee

• Technician
Re: Samsung not draining
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 05:30:21 PM »
Saw a video on youtube that says if the screws holding the machine to the cabinet are too tight it bends the dishwasher and the door does not seal good. Then during drying mode water leaks down the door seal into the pan and sets off the LC code. So check the door is sealing really tight and that the dishwasher is level or slightly tipped back so water doesn't drip from bottom of door. Some people have moved the sensor up out of the pan to stop the LC code but then if you have a leak you wont know until you see water all over the floor.

Offline wb134

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 05:46:42 AM »
The unit is not mounted to the counter top.  I'm not having a problem w/ water seeping out, the unit isn't emptying water.  It seems like the drain pump is not getting the command to drain.

Offline manden

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 08:24:21 AM »
You will have to investigate to see if at the last drain the drain pump is working or not.
Could be it is working but not pumping enough water out.
Usually you can hear the water draining into the plumbing under the sink.
Hold onto the drain hose and if it is working then the hose will warm up.

If it is working but not draining enough it could be partially plugged filters in the unit or something like a piece of glass in the pump or a bad pump.

I did have one where the drain line etc looked clear.
Tore the unit apart and could not find any problems.
Held the drain hose in a bucket with a towel over the bucket to prevent splashing all over and it drained fine.
Finally found that the hose fitting at the house plumbing connection was partially plugged but could not see the plug only pushing a screw driver into it revealed the problem.

Offline wb134

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 08:43:26 AM »
The drain pump does work because if I start another cycle the first thing the dishwasher does is drain the water that's left in the bottom

Offline manden

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 11:12:38 AM »
Yes I saw that but does it work after the last wash?

Could be it is not draining/running then and that would point to a bad control board

Offline houptee

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 09:49:18 PM »