Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Freezer Stopped working  (Read 75 times)

Offline GreenhawK

• VIP Member
Freezer Stopped working
« on: June 26, 2020, 08:49:52 PM »

I have a Frigidaire upright freezer (model# LFFH17F3QWA ) that stopped running. The freezer had power, and the green light on the bottom was on. Neither the fan or compressor was running.

Where do I start in troubleshooting this thing?  I did find a new freezer last night, but I would still like to fix this one if possible. 

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Freezer Stopped working
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 05:17:01 AM »
Below is info on this unit.
http://b2b.frigidaire.com/support/ResultsPage.asp?strModel=LFFH17F3QWA+&User=&Search=Search

Pull the unit away from the wall and manually turn the defrost timer cam..
At least that is where the parts diagram shows it. You may only see the end of the cam shaft as often they are mounted on a bracket.
You will need a correct size flat screwdriver. Also it only turns in one direction.
If it fires up then the defrost timer is bad.

Unplug the unit.
Short the two wires at the thermostat together.
If the unit fires up the thermostat is bad.

Note that the above is not 100% as it may be in a defrost cycle. So if it does not fire up leave the thermostat shorted and turn the defrost timer cam.