Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG Tromm WM2487H*M Smoking, burning smell  (Read 56 times)

Offline AmateurTryingtofixit

• VIP Member
LG Tromm WM2487H*M Smoking, burning smell
« on: June 24, 2020, 12:29:37 PM »

Hi - Just moved a this LG washer, and did not have the transport bolts attached when moved because previous owner did not have them and were in a rush to get it out of their house, i know not smart but here we are.  This unit worked fine, until it was moved. Essentially we did one load of laundry, no issues. Did a heavier load (sheets,towels) of laundry and then started hearing noises, smelling burning (I think rubber), and then stopped and opened up to front door to smoke. Thoughts on this? In reading I think it would be the Spyder Control arm thats been damaged but does it change anything or confirm anything, given that this unit was transported without the transport bolts? Just want to make sure I dont go through doing all of this work just to have another issue come up. Thanks!