Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Jazz Board W10503278 Anyone fix these themselves??  (Read 159 times)

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Jazz Board W10503278 Anyone fix these themselves??
« on: June 20, 2020, 07:22:12 PM »

Many Whirlpool Maytag Amana refrigerators have these Jazz Boards W10503278 that go bad - anyone ever try to diagnosis and fix the Electronic components themselves? I had my Fridge about 15 years now and both times my Fridge portion of my Amana Side by Side gets too cold . Anyone know what particular component on the Jazz Board goes bad ? Resistor or capacitor (s) ?? Would love to know the fix!!!

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
Re: Jazz Board W10503278 Anyone fix these themselves??
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 09:52:56 PM »
Not worth it.

They're $40 on amazon. I can't afford to spend time fixing a $40 board.

The boards that are NLA are sometimes worth repairing, but honestly, "the last guy to touched it, owns it forever" and I don't want to be getting any calls that the board I fixed so the bake element would work, now has bad touchppads that I can't get *or* fix.

If the part is available, I quote the price and if not,I tell them "sorry, the manufacturer doesn't sell that anymore". Keeps things nice and clean.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 05:21:10 AM »
TCarmen thanks for input - Pop had this Business for some 70+ years he always went above and beyond and was a Engineer at Heart - always wanted to know what made things tick and always wanted to know why somethings broke and how to prevent it from happening again. Now a Days we're living in a throw away society.... I guess we've given up on Olde School Technicians and now rely on Parts Swapping mentality. (All about the $$).

Your right the Boards are on the net for $40. but on the other side $160. on Searsparts website for same part. Thank You - I'm gonna rip into one of these Boards and find out what resistor or Capacitor(s)/relays that fails - have some buds in the Electronics Business to do some research - I'll post results when I get results - Just got to pull out the High End Scope!

Online DaleCaskanette

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 07:24:04 PM »
The number 1 failure is it won't defrost. The relay fails on pcb so compressor runs when it goes into defrost

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 09:17:39 PM »
I can remember taking oven selector switches and thermostats apart and filing contacts, washer and dryer timers too. Never again.

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 09:25:17 PM »
> I can remember taking oven selector switches and thermostats apart and filing contacts, washer and dryer timers too. Never again.

Maybe I'm just old, but at this point, keeping my business process clean and easy and repeatable makes me happy.