Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Pump belt for older Speed Queen model HA4591W  (Read 202 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Pump belt for older Speed Queen model HA4591W
« on: June 17, 2020, 01:28:30 PM »

The original drain pump belt for this older model Speed Queen is a 27155 cog type belt. A replacement belt is quite expensive from the dealer but a std non cog type is a LOT cheaper. I am considering using the non cog type as a replacement due to cost and wondered if anyone has an opinion as to life  for this item ?

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Pump belt for older Speed Queen model HA4591W
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 09:02:52 PM »
Amazon has a generic for a little over $8.00 pump belts usually last a long time with the genuine, generic should too.  https://www.amazon.com/ForeverPRO-27155-Washer-AH2027990-EA2027990/dp/B082R65C64/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=27155&qid=1592445637&sr=8-8

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 08:41:58 AM »
This unit is built with a agitator shaft with a cone shaped hex adaptor (p/n 28091) on the top end that uses  a spring pin  to provide for engagement of the adaptor to the shaft. This item must be removed to allow the shaft housing and the wash basket to be removed. This is necessary to access the top bearing and seal which is leaking a significant  amount of water during a typical wash cycle. I tried several methods to remove this spring pin with no success. I had considered  using a dremel grinding  tool to split this very costly hex adaptor  but am at a loss and wondered if anyone has ever had any experience with this model Speed Queen washer in respect to this problem. This washer is fairly old but works well expect for the water leak. Comments ?

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 02:52:16 PM »
I returned this unit to Menards but am considering taking another shot at it since it is still in their scrap pile section.. Does anyone have another idea on this unit for removal of the spring pin ?

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 12:18:25 PM »
Has anyone been able to look at my previous entries asking for advice on repair. It appears many of the parts for this unit are no longer available ?

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:48:53 AM »
For Speed Queen HA models, remove the 4 hex head bolts at the bottom of the agitator post assembly and remove the agitator post assembly. I used to have a slide hammer that threaded into the threaded hole in the top of the post. But, considering the age of that thing, everything is probably rusted together. don't waste your time.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: Today at 01:30:30 AM »
Since the various parts for this machine including the seal and bearing are not available I will probably let it go to washer heaven and not spend any more time on it.