Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Inglis IM44000 washer: burning rubber smell  (Read 123 times)

Offline forester8

• VIP Member
Inglis IM44000 washer: burning rubber smell
« on: June 17, 2020, 05:22:34 AM »

Hello. I am gettign a strong burning rubber smell from my Inglis washer the last 3 times I have used it. Everything seems to be working fine. I think the smell is coming during the high spin near the end of the cycle. I had to replace a coupler the first week of March. Could this problem be related to the coupler replacement, or somethign else? Any help would be appreciated!

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Inglis IM44000 washer: burning rubber smell
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 07:32:46 PM »
 Are you sure the smell is coming from the coupler and not the motor this washer does not have any belts itís coupling driven - your motor could be stressed and or you might have a bad neutral drain in your transmission which will cause the washer to spin instead of going into a neutral drain before it spins and putting more amperage on the motor windings!

The easiest way to tell is do a load of wash and after the washer comes out of agitation see if the washer drains first or spins and drains at the same time if it spins and drains at the same time you have a bad neutral drain gear in the transmission that can be replaced for under $30 for the kit.

A bad neutral drain gear will cause additional weight and stress on the motor and that is what you might be smelling

Offline forester8

• VIP Member
Re: Inglis IM44000 washer: burning rubber smell
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 07:07:28 PM »
I think you might be right with the neutral drain. It has stopped smelling though. i will check to see if it is draining before spinning. It looks like the neutral drain is a difficult repair though :(