Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Display Panel completely out, Refer/Freezer still operating (cold)-cant control  (Read 121 times)

Offline jasonblu

• VIP Member

Hi. I am new to the forum and thank you all for letting me join and for having such a place to get appliance repair help

I have a kitchenaid KDDC24CVS01 (Architecture II built-in Counter height refrigerator/freezer) It is out of warranty. Manufactured 2011.

For a while the display panel digital readout started going out (certain LED's wouldnt display). Now, the entire panel is out. The refer and freezer still "work" as in they are cold but I have lost all control of the unit.

I looked at a part breakdown and there are two parts I am guessing (using only intuition. I have no experience repairing refrigerators) that could be to blame. One is the actual display unit which runs about $500 and the circuit board which runs about $400.

Based on the symptoms I have given, can anyone definitively tell me which of these two is the most likely culprit?

Since the unit cost over $2000 new it seems worth it to repair - but to replace both, maybe not.

Also, I could use guidance on how to get to each of two parts to remove and replace - assuming no specialized tools are needed. It really wont be worth it if I have to call a serviceman and pay premiom on parts and their expensive labor so I am hoping you guidance can help me get this done.

With gratitude.

J

Offline jasonblu

• VIP Member
Details on the possible bad parts:

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/product/2owgfoo6il-0046-106/id-w10273123

Refrigerator Display WPW10273123 $489.99

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/product/hsig5oqs6h-0046-106/id-w10281540

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board WPW10281540 $360.56

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
By chance does this unit have self closing doors?