Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Ken more model 106.51133213 ice maker knocking  (Read 67 times)

Offline Jhaynes1506

• VIP Member
Ken more model 106.51133213 ice maker knocking
« on: July 08, 2020, 10:21:02 PM »

My Kenmore 106.51133213 has been giving me issues of late. It quit making ice so I checked for freezing in the lines. No jams. Tried running it without the water filter and that worked for a couple hours. Now back to no ice and I have a loud knocking type sound coming from the freezer door in the area of the ice maker at the top of the door. Sounds like.someone banging two drum sticks together.

The sound comes only when the ice machine switch is turned on, and it goes away when I open the freezer door while it's making the noise. It makes the noise every 2 hours or so.  If the ice maker is turned off, no sound is ever made.

After the ice maker has been of for a couple days, I switched it back on and it made ice again for a couple hours, while making the noise a few times. Now back to no ice production. 

Does this sound like an issue with the ice maker itself or could it be another part?

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Ken more model 106.51133213 ice maker knocking
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 06:38:47 AM »
Yes, replace the ice maker. Could be a bad drive in module or bad defrost heater not turning on to release the ice. Motor is trying to turn but frozen because heater is not melting the ice through harvest cycle.

Offline Jhaynes1506

• VIP Member
Re: Ken more model 106.51133213 ice maker knocking
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 08:39:09 AM »
Thank you very much, I will order the ice maker and try it out.