Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Profile French Door CYE23TSDCSS ice build up below ice maker, ice bin stuck  (Read 77 times)

Offline zippoc

• VIP Member

Hello,

I have a six year old GE Profile French Door Fridge (Model #: CYE23TSDCSS). The last year or so the ice bucket has been getting stuck/frozen to the french door. There seems to be a leak of dripping water that starts to accumulate on the lip I circled in red. The two vertical lines are the area the water is leaking from / where the build up of ice begins. I have not actually witnessed the leak or dripping water. Over time this ice chunk gets larger and larger and molds around the ice bucket - freezing it in place. Yesterday I installed a new ice maker and used a hair dryer to remove any residual rogue water/ice. Today I checked that "lip" and I can already feel a build up of ice - so new ice maker didn't help.

Thoughts on what next steps might be? Thank you!