Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire side-by-side freezer warms whenever ice maker is plugged in  (Read 70 times)

Offline MarkH19

• VIP Member

Hi everyone

I have a problem with my Frigidaire side-by-side fridge/freezer.  Everything was working fine but the freezer suddenly started warming (6F set point rose to around 20F and was still climbing).  Have it narrowed down to the ice maker.  Whenever it's plugged into the unit, it'll run for a while but then the freezer starts warming (don't believe it completes an ice making cycling.)  To get the freezer to cool, I have to disconnect the ice maker (not just lift the on/off lever) and cycle the power on the unit.  I've cleaned the coils and installed a new ice maker.... same problem. 
Thought maybe the ice maker was stuck in a heating cycle, but I've felt the heating elements while having the problem and this doesn't appear to be the case.
The refrigerator is Frigidaire model FGUS2642LF2. Ice Maker is FDI101S

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance