Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore gas dryer model110.95872400 with s/n MR4105495  (Read 154 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Kenmore gas dryer model110.95872400 with s/n MR4105495
« on: June 08, 2020, 10:14:47 AM »

I acquired this dryer  a few days ago for scrap price withe understanding that it had a loud noise when turning the drum.  Also I was told that  the  various cycles were not always able to operate  properly. Taking it apart I found a huge amount of dirt and lint in the blower wheel   and all over the bottom section.
after all dirt was cleaned out  the unit ran properly with no extra noise. , I changed the orifice and plug on the gas valve to the natural gas version from the Propane version which had been installed. In the process of cleaning  it out I found the flame sensor glass was laying in the bottom of the unit and the sensor was slightly loose on the burner tube mount. I replaced the sensor  and reassembled the entire unit and heat was delivered to the tub  properly. The unit was running on the normal type drying cycle.
My question to other techs out there is "If the glass was missing from the flame sensor would that make any difference to the various cycles being able to power up ?

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Kenmore gas dryer model110.95872400 with s/n MR4105495
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 10:58:09 PM »
Glass on flame sensor is there to protect it from lint.  It does not affect performance at all.  Often dryers will be noisy due to dirt and lint build-up in the blower wheel.

If one of the cycles isn't working chances are, the timer is suspect.