Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool side by side No Power  (Read 131 times)

Offline SaltyMutt

• VIP Member
Whirlpool side by side No Power
« on: June 02, 2020, 07:43:18 AM »

Hello all, hoping you could help me.  I apologize if this has been answered before I've not been able to find anything similar to this on this particular model.  I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator Model # ed27dqxbb00.  Has absolutely no power to it at all.  No light, ice/water dispenser, all dead.   I've ruled out the obvious and there is a good power supply going to it (no tripped GFI or breaker).  Tried on a different plug just to be absolutely sure.   Any ideas on what I should check? I've seen similar issues with newer models that have control boards, but I dont think this model has one?  Thanks in advance!!

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool side by side No Power
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 12:00:44 AM »
Just last week I had a "no power" situation on a brand new LG electric dryer.  The problem turned out to be a disconnected hot wire inside the dryer.

To troubleshoot your refrigerator, you'll need a voltmeter.  Start at the cord going into the refrigerator and check for 120 Volts.  Unplug refrig and perform continuity checks on individual wires.  It's a tedious process but it's what we technicians do all the time.  It's what I had to do to figure out the dead LG dryer.