Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire microwave blows fuse when you open the door  (Read 250 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Frigidaire microwave blows fuse when you open the door
« on: May 27, 2020, 08:20:39 PM »

Hello everyone, I have a Frigidaire above-the-range microwave oven model no: FGMV176NTF made in 02/2018 that blows a fuse when I open up the door.  I ohm'd out the 3 door switches and opened & closed the door half a dozen times to make sure they are good. I replaced the 20-amp fuse and the microwave oven worked all the way to the end.  Then I tried it again and opened the door half way through and when I opened the door the fuse blew.  Should I replace all 3 door latch switches even though they did check out OK with a meter?  I would have about $90 for all 3 switches & 3 new fuses.  Or should I just replace the microwave oven?  If anyone has any idea why this is happening, please let me know.  For some reason I still think this has something to do with the door.  Thank you for any help you can give me!  Tom

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Frigidaire microwave blows fuse when you open the door
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:35:39 PM »
Found this service pointer.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Re: Frigidaire microwave blows fuse when you open the door
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 08:51:21 PM »
Thanks for the info DAB147315.  The kit to repair this is on factory back order and I'm not sure the customer will wait for it to come in or they might not want to pay for the repair but I'll call them tomorrow and give them a price and see what they say.  Thanks again for helping out with this.  Have a great summer!!!