Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Ywed7500vw  (Read 135 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Ywed7500vw
« on: May 25, 2020, 03:28:19 AM »

I replaced the thermal cutout of this dryer, but was surprised there was no heat even though the heater was good shape. I accidentally found out this dryer reverses rotation every 24 seconds. There was heat on clockwise rotation, but no heat on counterclockwise rotation. That means half of the time has no heat. That is wasting time. Can I change it so it has heat on both directions? Please help! The owner wants drying faster.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
Re: Ywed7500vw
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 04:19:17 PM »
Those euro compacts are different. Thatís normal ops. One of the settings wonít have any heat for the first 15 minutes as well which I believe is on time dry cycles and when it does itís only 115 @ heater he will want to use the auto cycles only which gives heater full voltage. Also I believe thereís two elements for that thing. Shipped  from the factory The heaters are rated for 240 but if heís on 208 3phase commercial youíll need the lesser wattage element which you will probably have to contact whirlpool for part number first.
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Re: Ywed7500vw
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 02:02:02 AM »
Thank you very much , pnwdad. I won't understand why the Europeans would design it this way. Everybody wants to dry fast. I would have to read the user's manual to understand why. Yes, the packaged heater has 2 Heaters.