Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kitchen Aid KSGB 900 ESS Burner will not ignite  (Read 198 times)

Offline MKA

• VIP Member
Kitchen Aid KSGB 900 ESS Burner will not ignite
« on: May 24, 2020, 12:13:34 PM »

Hello the right front burner will not ignite.  The spark is active and NG odor is apparent. 

All ports were cleaned and are not blocked

If anyone has any ideas please send them my way.

Thanks

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Kitchen Aid KSGB 900 ESS Burner will not ignite
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 08:26:51 PM »
If you light the burner with a match is the flame the proper size?  If so then you have a small port that may be a pinhole that is blocked.  If you manually light the burner and the flame is too small, then check the burner orifice.  Often a small bit of dirt partially blocks the orifice and causes a no-light condition.

Offline MKA

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 09:54:15 PM »
Thank but as I mentioned the ports are clear

Offline Dash

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 11:58:56 PM »
You missed one.  Some of the ports are pin holes.

Offline MKA

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 08:39:49 PM »
The right front burner disk diameter is 4 in.  The left front burner disk diameter is 4 3/8 in.  If they are interchanged, the flame will not ignite.  I learned that after an $80 service call. 

About 15 years ago, my Buick Regal would not start. No funny sounds, no weak battery, faulty generator, etc. provided any clue as to what would befall me.  After consulting GM forums, I found out that the Pass Key is an antitheft feature.  If the embedded resistance on the key is not what it is supposed to be, the car will not start.  There is nothing in the owners manual that alerts the owner to this potential issue.  However after consulting GM forums, I learned that the oil on your fingers can build up on the key and create a resistor mismatch.  The solution is to spritz solvent on the key.  And wallah, the car starts.  What happens if I was 400 miles away traveling with my two little girls? 

Just as it is with this owner's manual, there is nothing to make me aware of the criticality of making sure the disks are mounted on the right burner.  However, I thought I could rely on the expertise and experience of appliance repair forums.  I was wrong.