Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag top-load washer with LF error code  (Read 175 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Maytag top-load washer with LF error code
« on: May 23, 2020, 03:06:24 PM »

Hello everyone, I was called to repair a newer Maytag top-load washer (Model No: MVWB765FW0) with a LF error code.  The customer says the washer will not run thru the complete cycle.  It shuts off and all the clothes are soaking wet as it did not spin out and sometimes the softener will still be in the dispenser.  I thought that means Long Fill so I took off the hot & cold water fill hoses and flushed them in the sink.  They both had good water pressure.  Next I took the screens out of the fill valve and cleaned them but both were very clean & clear.  I erased all the fault codes from the machine and checked the motor rotor on the bottom of the washer as I know sometimes the torx bolt in the middle will loosen up but it only tightened about a quarter of a turn.  I ran the washer thru the complete rapid wash cycle and it ran fine all the way to the end.  I don't know if I fixed it or there could be something else wrong.  If you all have any ideas on this, please let me know.  Thank you very much for any help you might be able to give me.  My customer said she was going to run a few load and call me to let me know if it worked or not.  (I have not heard back from her as of yet) 

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Re: Maytag top-load washer with LF error code
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 02:49:55 PM »
UPDATE:  My customer just informed me that they have a extended warranty on the washer.  So they had the warranty service company come out and the service tech told her he could not find anything wrong with the washer.  He said she was using too much detergent!  After that she washed 3 loads OK and the LF error code came back again.  Her husband thinks it's a faulty main control board.  Her extended warranty states that if the washer cannot be repaired they will replace it with a new unit so I guess I'm out of the loop and most likely will never hear back from her to find out what was wrong or it the washer was replaced. What will be - will be!!!

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
Re: Maytag top-load washer with LF error code
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 10:19:58 PM »
LF error is long fill. Could be the control since the pressure transducer is incorporated into the control board. Most likely fill valve or water supply problem.