My local dealer listened to my tale of woe and had a used motor for this machine( p/n 38034), he sold me for a very low price and I am going to install this item and see if it cures the problem. The motor removed does not have any outward appearing problems. This unit is too good of shape to scrap. the factory told me to make sure I had adequate input voltage or it would overheat the motor. I use the same outlet and a short extension cord for testing other machines so dont think this is a factor. Does anyone have some experience with low input voltage on a typical older washer such as this unit ?