Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Tecnik Tkc1285 issues!  (Read 68 times)

Offline jonf45

• VIP Member
Tecnik Tkc1285 issues!
« on: May 23, 2020, 05:28:27 AM »

Hi
Firstly thank you for accepting me onto the forum, it looks like a very useful place for info and help!
Ok, I have a Tecnik tkc1285 range oven and the heating element went on it. Ordered a replacement and have fitted it ok, but as you have take off the back to get to it, I've realised that most of the heat insulation is damaged/ripped/missing its foil(or whatever it is!!)
I've tried to find some replacement but as I dont think tecnik exist anymore and I dont have the booklet as the cooker was here when we moved in, i cant find the exact type used. I was wondering do you have to have the same type or is there a universal type available?
The original stuff feels like fibreglass, and I've noticed that the back/outer oven metal plate is very hot, but I've no idea whether it used to get that hot!!!
Ideally I'd call someone out, but that is obviously a bit of an issue at the moment!

Many thanks for any help
Jon

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Tecnik Tkc1285 issues!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 09:14:12 AM »
Just Google "oven insulation"

Or measure what you need and go to an appliance parts place and they should be able to help you.