Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Fridge GSE25HMHBHES Control Panel Flashing Zeros  (Read 90 times)

Offline Himmself

• VIP Member
GE Fridge GSE25HMHBHES Control Panel Flashing Zeros
« on: May 21, 2020, 07:56:47 AM »

GE Fridge GSE25HMHBHES. The display panel shows running zeros running from left to right then would flash zeros on all 4 digits.  Cycling power had no effect to remove it from this mode and you could not enter diagnostic mode by holding in all four temp adjustment buttons.  All other display buttons inop and would not dispense ice or water.   Condenser fan and evaporator fan ran continuously.  Visual inspection revealed 1" dust build up on condenser fan and slight browning of main control board behind resistor R43. 

Condenser dust cleaned and fridge left off overnight to allow main board resistors to cool.  In morning fridge powered up normally and display panel operates normally. 

I was hoping to find a service manual to run some diagnostic self tests to ensure there is not a failing component contributing and that it may have been only dust build up.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Offline Himmself

• VIP Member
Re: GE Fridge GSE25HMHBHES Control Panel Flashing Zeros
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 08:21:20 PM »
After cleaning the evaporator coils and letting the board cool overnight, the fridge started up normally has been running normally now for a week.