Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Electronic/Burnt Smell Coming from Outlet Hot Fridge Panel  (Read 82 times)

Offline Edempsey1980

• VIP Member

My wife and I noticed that distinct electronics burning smell the other day...while trying to find it we noticed the center panel to our 2nd (older kept in garage) fridge was really warm - Iíd almost say hot.  I realize they are usually warm, but this was uncomfortable to the touch.  The smell though was 100% coming from the outlet.  I unplugged it, shut off the breaker...the smell took about 48 hours to go away, but can still get a hint of it if you put your nose up to the outlet.  Iím wondering if itís my fridge or the outlet.  Any ideas on how to safely check?  If it did something to the outlet Iím scared to plug it into another one.  Worried about electrical fire if itís the outlet and I plug another fridge in.

Any suggestions or ideas?  Thank you!