Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: whirlpool wrf993fifm00 not cooling Fresh section  (Read 96 times)

Offline Freak1

• VIP Member
whirlpool wrf993fifm00 not cooling Fresh section
« on: May 20, 2020, 06:46:47 PM »

Hello,
Iím glad to be a part of this community and hoping to learn as much as I can.
I have whirlpool wrf993fifm00 and I can feel the cold in freezer section but not in fresh food section. Freezer section evap gets frosty and cold line at the compressor also gets frosty. There is no fan running in the fresh food section but when I test all components in fresh food section everything works( fan, air flap, compressor cycle). But when I exit diag mode, nothing runs. Only ice box fan & freezer fan runs all the time.
Could it be thermistor, Orion board or any other components?
Thank you all

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: whirlpool wrf993fifm00 not cooling Fresh section
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 04:18:58 PM »
Make sure the return air duct(s) is not blocked with ice.  If blocked, the refrig section will definitely be warm.  It's often located behind the left crisper pan.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
Re: whirlpool wrf993fifm00 not cooling Fresh section
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 09:14:23 PM »
Typically there shouldnít be any frost on the lines in the compressor compartment. That also has what we call the turtle compressor which only whirlpool techs only work on cause you have to have dedicated tools to keep them virgin for that thing. Whoever they send out make sure you tell them it has that special compressor so you donít waste your time.
🌲PNW Chris🌲